Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Adaptogen Herbs


Alrighty!!! Since so many people want to label Shakeology as a “protein shake” and I truly in my heart do not see it as that… I wanted to start a new tradition here on this page called WHAT”S IN IT WEDNESDAY!!!! Shakeology is truly a complete meal replacement shake filled of SUPERFOODS. Yes, it has protein…. but it’s that PLUS everything else that makes it so remarkable so I am hoping we can all learn together.
One thing Shakeology has is Adaptogen Herbs!!! Scientifically…. the astragalus, ashwagandha, cordyceps, ginko leaf, tulsi (holy basil leaf), macra root, maitake mushroom, reishi mushroom and schisandra!!! I am also going to go into these ingredients more as well on Wednesdays in the future as we go, but for today I want to share with you the basic idea of these adaptogen herbs.
Adaptogen Herbs are one of the most important groups of herbs to take in the 21st century. Adaptogens not only increase the resistance to the adverse effects of long-term stress yet the majority are also a tonic, immune-stimulating and increase general sense of well-being.
Adaptogenic herbs may be used as the treatment or as part of the treatment for the following: Stress, exposure to stressors such as high altitude, intensive training etc, chronic illness, debility, convalescence, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and to increase physical and mental performance
Adaptogen Herbs are known to increase physical and mental stamina and performance, protect against the effects of radiation, reduce the side effects of chemotherapeutic drugs, reduce the incidence of infection, increase resistance to chemical carcinogens.
Because of their effects on the body's capacity to deal with stress, coupled with their tonic activity, these herbs can be used in a huge number of conditions and situations. The particular adaptogens we use in each formulation will depend largely on the other actions attributed to each of these herbs as well as their energetics.
So now that the science behind these herbs has now been discussed…. in my everyday language….. It is these same Adaptogen Herbs working together along side all the other ingredients put into Shakeology making my body run the smoothest as possible. I like to think of this particular group of herbs as my Superwoman Herbs because it is this group that increases my emotional, physical, and mental performance as I am out trying to conquer this thing I call LIFE !!!! It is this group of herbs, that keeps me together, helps my anxiety and gives me my super powers to kick some daily butt!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment